"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8

Even though this passage speaks of God's grace...it reminds me that when I think I know what's best, I really need to fall on my face and surrender my will to His.


Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Acid/Alkaline Balance in the Body

After having poured over many online sites and documents, I have come to the realization that our bodies really do need a tremendous amount of living foods in order to remain healthy, strong and youthful. Take a look at this clip...





I loved the information on the clip, but I have not looked into the AlkalizeMe's products. I am sure you caught the foods that were acidic (basically everything cooked or processed), but I wanted to remind you that many foods are alkalizing BEFORE you heat them above 115 degrees Fahrenheit. How wonderful to have the power that will enable your body to heal itself just by eating raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains and seeds.

I am amazed that our western culture feels safer taking toxic drugs and going under the knife to "fix" a health issue rather than eating healthy foods. As I said before, I have been researching living foods in depth and have come across people several times that describe eating 100% living foods as "extreme." I beg to differ...pumping our bodies with toxins (aka prescription medication) and undergoing surgery to make our discomfort go away after filling our cells with nutrient deficient and toxic foods in my book is extreme. The more you know about nutrition and the role it plays in your overall health, the longer you will live an energetic, healthy, youthful life. Who doesn't want that? :o)

If you would like to know what foods are acid or alkaline forming please visit Bluegrass' website. Again, I have not looking into their products, but these charts are very helpful in understanding what foods to eat and which ones to avoid. By no means should you eat only alkaline foods; eat about 80% alkaline and 20% acid forming foods for the best balance. If you heat any of the alkaline foods above 115 degrees Fahrenheit you will kill the enzymes and flip it to acid forming. In other words, if you can place your finger in the food as it is cooking and not feel discomfort/pain the food probably is still retaining its enzymes.

To a wonderful new year full of possibilities.

Cheers!

C.

No comments: