"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8

Even though this passage speaks of God's grace...it reminds me that when I think I know what's best, I really need to fall on my face and surrender my will to His.


Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Banana Muffins

This recipe also comes out of UPRISINGS baking book, but this is the revised 1990 edition. It is still the same in content, meaning whole foods in origin and no refined sugars or processed food ingredients. Some of the bakeries in this edition are different with new recipes and some are duplicated from the previous edition. I love owning both editions of UPRISINGS well worth the investment.


2 1/2 ripe bananas
1 egg
2 Tbsp. honey
1/3 cup oil (I prefer coconut)
1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
handful or more walnuts broken into small pieces (optional)

Mash the bananas. Add beaten egg, honey, oil, and vanilla and mix well.

In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves.

Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and pour in the liquids. Stir just enough to combine everything. If you stir too much the will not rise.

Spoon into oiled muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Makes 12 muffins.

My modifications include:
  1. changing the original recipe from 1/4 tsp. nutmeg to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp cloves.
  2. adding walnuts...yum!

No comments: