"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8

Even though this passage speaks of God's grace...it reminds me that when I think I know what's best, I really need to fall on my face and surrender my will to His.


Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Egg Substitute

This egg substitute will work in lieu of any quantity of eggs in flour based cookies, quick bread recipes, pancakes. waffles, etc. It will not work in items such as pumpkin pie or custards. I use this for all my baking as flax seeds are full of omega fatty acids, have no cholesterol, will clean out the colon, and are much more cost effective than eggs especially if you bake muffins daily as we do.

1/3 cup flax seeds (golden or brown)
1 cup water


Place flax seeds in blender and whiz until the seeds are broken up a bit. Next pour in the water and blend until the mixture has the consistency of a beaten egg.

BLEND THIS JUST BEFORE YOU ADD IT TO THE BATTER. If left standing too long, it will stiffen up too much.

1/4 cup of this mixture equals one egg.

ENJOY!

C.

1 comment:

Pam said...

This is good to know! I use flax seeds in my bread dough, but I will definitely try them as an egg substitute as well. Thanks!

Pam in SE MI (came to your blog through TOG loose threads)